Youth Minister Position
PURPOSE The purpose of the Youth Minister is to plan, implement, and evaluate a comprehensive youth ministry that develops and nurtures the faith of youth at the Stillwater Church of Christ. RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Develops, coordinates, and implements programs utilizing input from members of the youth group and their families.
2. Encourages youth involvement and evangelistic outreach in all youth activities through effective communication and promotion. 3. Coordinates activities of the youth Bible School program for grades 6-12. Recruits qualified teachers and selects curriculum.
4. Encourages youth group members in strengthening their relationship with Jesus Christ through le study and prayer.
5. Develops a rapport with members of the youth group and their parents. Encourages youth leadership and parental involvement. 6. Ensures appropriate attention is given to members of the youth group and their families during times of special need.
7. Develops effective methods of communicating youth group activities to members of the youth group and their parents.
8. Instills an excitement in youth group members to participate in youth group activities and invite others.
9. Other duties as required.
1. Reports directly to the elders.
2. Serves under the supervision of the pulpit minister.
3. Ability to work effectively as a team player with church staff and volunteers.
1. Member of the Church of Christ with a strong Bible background.
2. Bachelor’s Degree in Youth Ministry or Bible related field preferred.
3. Minimum of 1-3 years’ experience in youth ministry or related church work.
4. Demonstrated success in developing positive relationships with young people.
5. Demonstrated maturity in understanding God’s Word.
6. Able to instill Christian values in others through example
Contact Kent Sampson at with questions.